A definite crowd pleaser, try our version, make it fancy or simple.
A ploughmans platter is an English meal served cold accompanied by quality chutneys & Relishes.
Basic always include: crusty bread, hard cheese, pickled onions & Chutney- along with a cold Beer!
A list follows of ingredients. Along with the essentials* Choose accompaniments according to taste & availability.
We note our complimenting range of condiments that work/marry especially well with the ingredients listed. House made pickled onions (quick) lift this to another level.
- Crusty fresh bread
- KV Chutney/Relish/Jam of choice
- Cheddar cheese or local quality cheddar cheese, sliced. We love our local Milawa Cheese
- Free range Eggs, hard boiled, peeled & halved
- Gherkins, large Dill pickles
- Chargrilled Capsicum, Eggplant
- Dried Figs, sliced
- Ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Ribbon Carrots, (sliced lengthways with potato peeler)
- Capers, buy large or small in jars, a lovely salty addition
- Sliced gourmet Ham
- Chicken Liver Pate
- House made Red pickled onion
- The real beauty of a Ploughman’s Platter is that every forkful is a different taste fusion, almost like entrée, main & dessert all served together. En-joy!